Seven Churches of Revelation Tour
This tour covers major Turkish sites asscociated with Saint Paul, and sites of western Asia Minor known in revelation as Seven Churches of the Apocalypse. The tour starts in Istanbul, discovering Hagia Sophia as well as other rich historical sites in the area. Then, the tour continues with the Seven Churches of Asia Minor by site visits to each churche in Aegean region in different locations. The Seven Churches of Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Hierapolis, Leodicea, Ephesus, Smyrna, and Pergamon are our main destinations but we will also be discovering popular destinations in Pamukkale, Kusadasi, and Ephesus area.
This tour is available for both private and small group tours. If you want to be flexible and enjoy your extensive private services, you are welcome to ask a free quote for this tour from our travel experts.
Please click here if you want to customize this tour.
If you are a group of travellers, please also contact us to get a special price for your group.
This tour is also available as small group tour with a limited number of travellers. The maximum number of travellers in a group is 10 pax. So, please contact us to reserve our limited slots for this tour. Please also note that the tour route and program may differ based on weather conditions.
Pricing of the Tour
Please note that pricing of this tour is set based on small group tours in a double/twin shared room. Single supplement for this tour is 150 USD. The price of private tour may differ based on the number of travellers. Please also note that small group tours might be cancelled if there won’t be minimum number of travellers for any departure date. We have 10 slots for this small group tour.
Confirmation and Payment of the Tour
You can confirm this tour by booking through our website. Please note that the tour price is set for full payment for small group tour. However, you don’t have to make full payment to confirm the tour. We have flexible booking system because of COVID situtaiton. We ask only 10 % down payment from the customers to confirm the tour. Please contact us to make down payment. We can provide a secure payment link, Paypal Payment, or bank info. Once we receive a down payment, we will send a confirmed itineray to the customer. We ask the rest of the payment when the customer arrives in Turkey until the second day of the tour. We provide full refund if the customer has to cancel the tour 48 hours prior to their departure. However, we may exclude the amount of the services which we cannot refund such as bank transfers, non-refundable hotel or flight bookings (if applicable). You need to contact us through email or telephone in order to confirm your tour by making down payment or asking quote for a private tour.
DepartureIstanbul Airport/Istanbul Airport
IncludedAccommodationAirport TransferBreakfastGuideMuseum/National Park FeesTravel Health Insurance
Not IncludedDinnerDomestic FlightsLunch
Day 1: Welcome to Istanbul, Turkey
Day 2: Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia
Day 3: Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Leodicea
Day 4: Ephesus, Kusadasi
Day 5: Smyrna, Pergamon, Istanbul
- Istanbul- Thyatira: 3 hour 50 min (394 km)
- Thyatira – Sardis: 45 min (62 km)
- Sardis- Philadelphia : 35 min (49 km)
- Philadelphia - Pamukkale: 1 hour 20 min (86 km)
- Pamukkale-Ephhesus: 2 hours 40 min (193 km)
- Ephesus- Smyrna : 1 hour (82 km)
- Smyrna -Pergamon: 1 hour 30 min (113 km)
- Pergamon-IST Airport: 4 hours 15 min (427 km)
- Passport: Turkey requires passport valid for six months beyond your travel dates. However, there are some countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Turkey with their national ID’s. Click here for country list whose citizens can enter Turkey with their ID’s.
- Visa: Visa requirements for Turkey differs from country to country. Some travelers may be exempt from visa for touristic visit to Turkey, while others need to obtain through online e-visa or apply for visa through Turkish Representations in abroad. You need to contact us if your country is eligible to obtain e-visa or not. Or, you can check visa requirements for your country through online system from ths link.
- Covid Requirements: Turkey welcomes tourists from all around the world. However, some restrictions might apply for countries and these restrictions may differ over time. You need to contact us to find out updated info regrading restrictions for your country. Or, you can check Turkey’s updated effective rules, quarantine, vaccination, and PCR test requirements for your country from this link.Travelers will not be required to quarantine or submit a negative PCR test result if they submit a document issued by the relevant country’s official authorities stating that they have been vaccinated at least 14 days before entrance to Turkey and/or have had the disease and were cured within the last 6 months. Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 on landing flights will be referred to a private hospital by the Ministry of Health.
- Turkey Entry Form: You need to fill out an online "Form for Entry to Turkey '' from this link within 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure flight. You will be asked for your passport info, countries visited in the past 10 days and address in Turkey while filling out the online form. You will obtain a document, called HES Code, after submitting the form. Your HES code will be automatically generated in this form. You need to keep a printed or online version of this form since you may be checked at the border. You will also need that HES code later on during hotel check in, restaurants, and museum entrance.
- Welcome at the Airport: Welcoming info may differ from time to time and from airport to airport. Our team may welcome you or our welcoming partner company may welcome you at the airport. We will be in contact with our customers prior to their departure and provide detailed info regarding welcome info.
- Insurance: Everyone in the tour is insured by the Travel Health Insurance required by TURSAB-Association of Turkish Travel Agencies, official tour authorization service in the nation and it is included in tour prices. This insurance only covers liability for medical and health issues such as illness, accident, repatriation in case of death, emergency medical transportation, and medical consultancy during the tour. This insurance doesn’t cover flight miss, cancellation etc. We encourage our customers to have full coverage travel insurances to secure their flight tickets, unexpected circumstances etc. So, we need following info of you or you can send a copy of your passport: 1) Name and surname as in the passport 2) Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) 3) Country of Citizenship 4) Passport Number 5) Emergency Contact Number in your hometown
- Money Exchange/ATMs:We suggest our customers to exchange money in city center exchange offices with good rates. We will assist you to take city exchange offices. You may also withdraw money from ATM is different currencies such as TL, USD, and EUR. However, a commission rate may apply and the rates may change from bank to bank. In order to withdraw foreign currency other than TL, you need to find an ATM machine which functions for multiple currencies.
- Cell Phones/Sim Card: You can use your cell phone in Turkey during the tour. You can use your own service provider to make phone calls and internet data. You need to check with service provider if your service plan is covered to use in Turkey. If not, you may buy a local sim card from Turkey. We can assist you to provide a sim card in advance for you if you let us know the service plan coverage.
- Meals: We are delicate about meals for our customers. If meal is covered by us, we arrange nice, reliable local restaurants. If you pay your meal, we arrange restaurants based on your preferences. We make sure that you taste popular local food at different destinations. We offer Vegetarian and Vegan food options on request. Simply let us know the food option that you prefer. We are also sensitive about Halal and Kosher based on your preferences. For all meals we offer standard menu with different choices for the customers. Alcoholic beverages and any demands out of the menu are subject for extra.
- Weather:Turkey has four seasons with all kinds of climates geographically. This creates an advantage for visitors to experience all four seasons with different type of holiday in different parts of the country. While swimming in the west, you may be skiing in the east part of the country! While you are freezing in the north part, you may be warm in the south. So, timing is important to travel Turkey to arrange your trip based on the activities and destinations you want to cover. Best season for expeditions is from the end of June to end of September. The sailing tours in the Mediterranean are best from the beginning of May to the end of October. Winter tourism starts mid-December and lasts till mid-March. Springtime is good for all activities except swimming and mountaineering. Summer time is not good for South East part of Turkey since it’s so hot. The best time to visit this part is spring or autumn. Black Sea has different beauties in four seasons. The best time to visit Black Sea starts from April and ends by November if you are not interested in winter tourism. Here are temperature ranges during the seasons:
- Autumn: 12°C -24°C
- Winter: 4°C -12°C
- Spring: 10°C -20°C
- Summer: 20°C -35°C
- Clothing: There is no obligatory dress code for the tour . Smart casual or any other desired codes would be fine. Just for our visits to mosques, women need to wear headscarf and skirts or cropped pants that fall below the knee, men should not wear shorts (Long or half long type pants is ok.). However, the officials provide relevant clothes at the entrance of the mosques for free. The wearing code may differ from season to season. You will need comfortable walking shoes, all-weather coat, a sweater, and clothes you can layer.
- Shopping: If you wish to buy some souvenirs or popular Turkish products such as carpet, leather, ceramics, jewelry etc., our team will assist you to arrange first-hand quality locally crafted shopping. We take you to local shops by ensuring the quality and authenticity of their products with reasonable prices. Please let us know if you want to do shopping and we will provide most reasonable options for you at local level.
- Meals: I would like you to experience different styles of Turkish food culture. So, I would suggest not going to fancy tourist restaurants which are unreasonably expensive. Instead, I would suggest going to nice local restaurants. Please let me know if you have any specific preference for restaurants and also food preference throughout the tour.
- Emergency Contact: Please feel free to call me 7/24 hours from +90-536-290 8221 for any emergency cases or if you need any assistance. We also encourage our customers to provide an emergency contact number for us just in case any need during the tour.
- Use of Drones: The use of drones in Turkey are subject to take permission in most of the areas from local authorized entities. The rules and regulations about drones may differ in different areas. We may provide suggestions and assist to take permissions but we, as travel agency, do not take any responsibility about use of drone.